On Wednesday, August 19, Florida Blue Toastmasters Club #252706 held their Fall 2015 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests. Several members competed, including Maribel Hernandez, Amanda Dodd, Kevin Ondarza, Jim Shipsky and Trish Whatley. The winners are: Maribel Hernandez, ACB, ALB, in the Evaluation Contest and Trish Whatley in the Humorous Speech Contest. Both members will go on to compete at the Area 10 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest against the club winners at Baywood Toastmasters, CSX Toastmasters at Southpoint, Jacksonville Bullmasters and Toast To DB.
The others clubs currently have their Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests scheduled as follows:
- Wed., 9/2 (12:30p-1:30p) – Jacksonville Bullmasters
- Thurs., 9/3 (12:00p-1:00p) – Baywood Toastmasters
- Thurs., 9/3 (12:00p-1:00p) – CSX Toastmasters at Southpoint (Evaluation Contest)
- Thurs., 9/10 (12:00p-1:00p) – CSX Toastmasters at Southpoint (Humorous Speech Contest)
- Thurs., 9/10 (12:00p-1:00p) – Toast To DB
All the winners from these contests will compete at the:
Area 10 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest
Sat., 9/26 (2:30p-4:30p)
Brooks Family YMCA
10423 Centurion Parkway North
Jacksonville, FL 32256
If you are available to volunteer for the upcoming contests (club and area), please contact Area 10 Director Eve Rojas.
Remember: The Competent Leader manual offers an option for new Toastmasters to serve as a Contest Chair. If you are still waiting for an opportunity to advance further in your leadership track, volunteer today!